Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota V3306 Bobcat T650 water leak from top of engine

Terry Ferrari ยท 2021-12-01 09:57

Hi. I have a bobcat T650 with kubota V3307 engine Water is pouring out of the top of the right rear of the engine. I cannot see it clearly, but managed to snap a picture of it. It looks like a threaded hole that its pouring from. Does anyone recognize this hole please? If so am I safe to just plug it with a correct size bolt and ptfe tape? I'm worried in case a hose was attached there but hoping it is just a plug that has shaken loose over time. Any advice appreciated, thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Delmer2021-12-01 10:10

    That would be unusual to just lose a plug like that. Did it have antifreeze in it, or straight water? Is the top of that port cracked in the picture? I would guess it's a port for a temperature sender, or a heater hose. A better picture might get you a better answer, or somebody will know exactly what's on the back of that head.

  2. #2Terry Ferrari2021-12-01 10:12

    it had antifreeze in it I'll try to plug it for now and take better picture at the same time, thanks

  3. #3Terry Ferrari2021-12-01 13:14

    OK I plugged it for with a bolt now, can anyone help me id if it was just a bolt that went in the slot, its circled yellow. thanks

  4. #4Terry Ferrari2021-12-01 13:33

    I think I located the plug, looks like a square plus that just caps the hole. Can anyone help me find a part number for this please. I found diagrams but could not see the plug (pictured)

  5. #5Delmer2021-12-01 14:32

    Could be a bolt, it probably is flanged with a copper or aluminum washer if it's a bolt. The circled plug on the new engine could be anything, not sure what thread Kubota would have used. Could even be a 3/8 or 1/2" pipe plug. I think the hole you have is the lower recessed one on the new engine, which looks more like a flanged bolt than a pipe plug. If it's flanged with a washer, the housing should show where the flat sealing washer was. Have you tried looking in the belly pan to see if it's there? or was this a mystery machine that just came in?

  6. #6Terry Ferrari2021-12-01 14:36

    It's on site much machine. I ordered the square bolt bobcat part number 6684857 Will check the pan as well , thanks

  7. #7hookedondiesel2021-12-02 09:00

    Look's like a by-pass plug to me. In case you would need to tap into the water system for a heater etc. I would think any plug that you get at any hardware store with the right size would do along with plumbers tape or paste would do.