Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota valve cover

Welder Dave ยท 2024-12-29 22:47

I'm wondering if the valve cover gasket on a Kubota V1902B can usually be reused after adjusting the valves? A mechanic friend is replacing the glow plugs so will do the valves at the same time. Pretty sure the intake manifold has to come off as well a couple injector lines.

Replies3
  1. #1Cliffy2024-12-30 00:04

    With rubber gaskets, below 1000hrs i would consider it. After that throw them in bin. Nothing is worse then an oil leak after you touch it.

  2. #2Bumpsteer2024-12-30 00:18

    My V1702 (743 Bobcat) uses a rectangular rubber seal, fits in a groove in the valve cover. It is tightened down so the cover is touching the head. I wouldn't re-use it. A Kubota dealer that sells construction stuff should be able to get it. A tractor dealer won't have acess by engine model, they need to what tractor it was used in. Ed

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-12-30 02:14

    I should be able to get it as well as the intake gasket from the Kubota industrial engine dealer. I got an ignition switch which I might not need from them. It was $50. The Kubota tractor dealer was $60 for the same switch. They can get the glow indicator too for $38.50. OEM is $97 which is crazy.