Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota vs. Hitachi/Deere Wedge Couplers

pbd05 ยท 2022-03-07 23:06

Hello, I've got a 2010 Kubota KX057-4 with a mechanical wedge coupler (factory). I'm looking at attachments from a 50 series Hitachi and a 75 series Deere that are at auction and was wondering if they would fit my machine. The couplers look very similar from what I can tell in the pictures, but I'd like some more certainty. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Awcldwll22022-03-20 09:05

    I have tried that for my Kubota U55 with the wedge lock coupler. I spent more time trying to modify the John Deere lugs than it would have taken to cut the correct wedge lock lugs or buy a kubota pin on bucket and weld ears on for the wedge. Good luck, Adam

  2. #2pbd052022-03-20 09:19

    Tanks for the input Adam. I ended up up getting a hold of HMI who manufacturers these couplers and attachments for Kubota Canada. He confirmed what you went through, looks similar but they're different. In the end I passed up on the buckets and got a weld-on thumb instead.