Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kudos to the mods

LCA078 · 2025-03-28 14:45

Just wanted to give a note of appreciation to the moderators on keeping the spammers out of HEF. Within only a few mins of seeing a post about ******* or other junk, the post is gone. I'm sure there are many spam posts that I don't see because of the fast actions of the mods. The mods are definitely on top of it like it's a fulltime job.

Replies12
  1. #1chidog2025-03-28 16:37

    Some how those spamers sign up? There needs to be a simple question that is required to answer to sign up. I say show 3 pictures of 3 different machines. 1 a dozer, 2 an excavator, 3 a wheel loader, and then they have to match the names to the pictures. Should weed out some, because even news broad casters don't know the difference.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-03-29 06:07

    Well don’t add Iron Mule or I Might have to leave, can’t beat learning.

  3. #3aighead2025-03-31 06:57

    I've run a very unpopular forum in the past and it's incredible how often spammers show up or sign up. My forum had literally like 5 people and only 2 active maybe, and I'd have to delete like 50+ spammers or fake accounts a day. I can't imagine a good forum like this. I agree, well done Admins!

  4. #4cuttin edge2025-03-31 15:15

    I didn't get to learn about the ****** whatchamajig tho.

  5. #5Shimmy12025-04-03 01:26

    I sincerely hope that these spammers that @CM1995 @digger242j @willie59 @Steve Frazier have to deal with aren't lingering effects from last spring.

  6. #6LCA0782025-04-03 18:36

    It's not just the s-word they're dealing with (it's the s-word that got asterik'd out in post #1), but the Administrators and Moderators do a great job of policing up out of line comments. I've seen posts disappear with inappropriate content so it's more than just keeping out the riffraff, it's also keeping us from becoming internal riffraff. Again, I think it's a pretty solid job by the Admins/Mods. btw- Not sure what term is more appropriate: Administrators or Moderators as I've seen these used interchangeably in other forums I'm on. Any input?

  7. #7CM19952025-04-03 18:49

    There is no reason at this time to think it is. I think this is just old fashioned spammers - human spammers.

  8. #8cuttin edge2025-04-04 10:11

    Is this a bad word ^^^^^^? I don't even know what it means

  9. #9KSSS2025-04-05 13:34

    Keep watch of what posts you see with your name on it. Sounds crazy, but a couple months ago I was contacted by a guy asking about me buying a skid steer from some company. I had reportedly posted on here, that it was good to go, got my machine from said company and so forth. Problem was, I never wrote that. Wasn't aware of the post until someone had brought it to my attention. I have not idea how that happened, brought it to CM1995 and he took care of it. These people are crafty.

  10. #10LCA0782025-04-05 15:36

    The word asterisk'd out on my first post is 'spammers'. Maybe it is a bad word...

  11. #11Shimmy12025-04-07 08:58

    Are these spammers actual people, or have they figured out how to bypass the verification process?

  12. #12cfherrman2025-04-07 12:46

    Putting in work