Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KW Big Cam 3 up for auction in TX

RenoHuskerDu ยท 2022-09-02 12:26

fyi online auction open now, in person Saturday 9/3/22 If I had my shop built, this would make a heckova dump truck...no time for more projects now... https://liveoakauction.nextlot.com/public/sales/100354/lots/20446168

Replies6
  1. #1Truck Shop2022-09-02 22:16

    That's probably original miles-the door data sticker and interior are in too good of shape. The speedo could have been changed but I doubt it-it looks original also. Only other possibility is it stopped working and in that case 186,000 miles. What ever-it doesn't look to have very many.

  2. #2cfherrman2022-09-03 00:14

    It's already set up as a winch truck, would sell more than a dump truck

  3. #3RenoHuskerDu2022-09-04 16:33

    It sold for $13k

  4. #4terex herder2022-09-04 17:44

    If you aren't familiar with the oil patch you won't believe how rough the equipment can get treated. I know of trucks that have logged a substantial number of their miles being dragged by a winch cat.

  5. #5crane operator2022-09-04 17:58

    Those old winch trucks don't bring much. I got a c500 out back around the same age- and I gave a similar $$ for it. You would double the purchase price in putting a bed on it- I heard a price recently at $20,000 for a new dump bed. And you would still have a 1981 kw that's probably on rubber block suspension with ancient heavy rears in a 5.13 ratio. Even if you had the skills and the shop and the equipment to install your own used bed, its not a two day project. I've done a couple- converting old road trucks to dump, and takes a while.

  6. #6cfherrman2022-09-04 21:08

    It's fun being dragged a mile in a kitty kat while your in 2nd gear at idle