Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kw t300 cat 3126e

chris allen · 2023-04-12 19:04

Hey guys my service trucks been giving me fits, 1998 t300 kw. Cat 3126e. Getting no codes ,cranks an runs, somedays does great on 45 miles to work, an outta no were it would start to spit an studder an then slowly flutter out dead, sometimes I can let outta the throttle and it mite catch back sometimes not, would have to stop an check my fuel filters an they both would be 1/2 empty, so I’d fill them up ???? Then go on down the road, mite be good for few miles or the rest of trip home or just fall back off again when fluttering starts. I’ve replaced suction hoses from tank to filter houseing then from there to high pressure pump, so today I headed out an got 10 miles up the rd an it started fluttering again, it never shut off tho, was able to limp it. Fuel cups replaced a new injector seals 3 yrs ago. Truck never looses any fuel prime over nite , fires rite up. Was wandering if there was a blow oring on injectors, we removed valve cover a looked at them, they all leaked like normal across the top. 7as66482 serial cat 3126e. Thx for ur help an advice

Replies3
  1. #1terex herder2023-04-12 20:18

    If your fuel filters are empty, your problem is between the fuel filters and the fuel tank. Is there a fuel filter you missed? Fords are famous for an extra fuel filter.

  2. #2JaredV2023-04-12 22:19

    Something drifting around in the fuel tank plugging the pickup? I had intermittent fuel issues with my Massey 135 and couldn't see anything in the tank. After messing with everything else, I finally took the tank off and washed it out, and little clear plastic disc about a half inch in diameter came out.

  3. #3Mike L2023-04-13 20:39

    I agree with JaredV. Check the tank for something like a foil seal from a power service bottle. Sounds like something is plugging the supply line and when you stop it drifts away and let’s you run again.