I was hoping someone out there could help me with my mini Kubota. The swivel has minimal resistance, engine running or not. With the bucket off the ground, you can swing the table around in a circle by hand. That's a real inconvenience when you are working on a slope, it just swings wherever it wants to. All the pressures seem to be up and it digs just fine. I pulled the spool valve to check it and it looks good. :Banghead I need someone smarter than me. Any help would be wonderful.
So, it swings okay when you move the lever, it just won't stop and lock in place?
reply That is right. It will swivel, it just won't stop.
Okay, so if it swings under power but won't lock in place, it's likely to be a valve in the top of the swing motor head. If you're lucky just a broken spring. There should be a spool with a centering spring at either end, one or two relief valves, etc. It is also possible that it is a failure of part of the motor rotating group.
You obviously know these machines very well. I had the two relief valves out, they appeared to be ok, so I replaced the o-rings and put them back in. I also had the spool out you were referring to, it also appeared ok, so I replaced the two springs and put it back. With no success. The motor seems to have sufficient power. Do you think it could still be in the motor, can they be repaired, or do I need to replace it if that is the case? I already priced them through Kubota, almost $3000.00.
Not the Kubotas in particular, but most of these minis are very similar. If you can, engine off obviously, remove the two pressure lines going to the swing motor and cap or plug the ports on the motor. It should still swing free with the ports capped. If it does, unbolt the motor and take it to a local hydraulic repair house, or a heavy equipment dealer that does hydraulic repair, have them check out the motor. Yes, it should be repairable at a lot less than the cost of a new motor.
Thank you. I will take your advice. It may take several days, but I will let you know how I make out.
Good luck with it, maybe somebody with actual Kubota experience will chime in here too.