Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kx121-3 loosening tracks?

WhitleyConstruc ยท 2016-07-27 17:18

Hey guys, I have a kx121-3 I just bought, the tracks are too tight, it has 1000hrs on it and sprockets are sharp unfortunately. I took the grease fitting out for the tracks in hopes that the track would loosen like my d3, but didn't move, and I even ran it back and forth in place for a little bit with the fitting off. And still didn't loosen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1code542016-07-28 20:36

    Can you carefully press the track in with the back of the bucket (with the fitting out of course)

  2. #2WhitleyConstruc2016-07-28 23:11

    Good idea, I'll try this tomorrow and give a report. Thanks!

  3. #3Scrub Puller2016-07-29 00:44

    Yair . . . Standard method of pulling back idlers is to put a solid piece of steel round bar in sprocket and drive back easy. Cheers.