Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kx185-3 kubota new 8 ton excavator

strangehand ยท 2009-04-15 22:39

In 2009, KUBOTA launches new 8 ton excavator in china. And it is named kx185-3! It is my pleasure to share some photoes of kx185-3 with you from the other side of the earth! :notworthy I am glad to learn more about excavaors in the forum. thanks........ basic features: no auxiliary circuit no boom swing tight taill swing fuel refilling pump auto idle system

Replies15
  1. #1strangehand2009-04-15 23:03

    engine: model kubota v3307 with a turbo power 65p/200rpm valve: variable pump(2) + gear pump(1) tracks: type steel width 450mm operating weight: 8300kg

  2. #2strott2009-04-16 14:33

    Unusual spec for a 8 tonner.

  3. #3Country2009-04-16 15:11

    Boom cylinders look small...

  4. #4Country2009-04-24 15:11

    In action.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-UoUQAo8K4

  5. #5strott2009-04-25 14:23

    side swipeing at the beggining, naughty naughty!!!! Then again I think we should be more worried about the colleauge jumping up on the track as the machine is working!!!!

  6. #6Country2009-04-27 11:21

    Yeah, that was a pretty "bone-head" move...:drinkup

  7. #7strott2009-04-27 14:38

    Yeah well today I saw two guys in one cab at the same time inside a 5 tonner whilst the machine was operating!!!! so maybe its not just the chinese safety guidelines who cause concern.

  8. #8Country2009-04-27 15:03

    Two guys in the cab of a 5 tonner?... Man, that's gett'n what I call gett'n cozzy with your co-workers....

  9. #9strott2009-04-28 15:30

    Yeah thats what I thought!! Anything to get out of the rain I suppose!!

  10. #10ianoz2009-07-25 01:56

    Hi Guys , look a bit harder at the start of the video ,you can see two heads in the machine ,so as well as jumping on at the end the other guy has jumped off then got back on later .ian.

  11. #11maddog2009-07-27 08:57

    I liked how he kept pulling rocks and dirt into his tracks/drive motors. Looks like a pretty simple machine wonder what the price will be?

  12. #12lynger2009-07-27 17:41

    We've got four of these in our rental fleet...or similar, they're 8 ton kubota machines but the number is KX 080. Ours also have boom swing and auxillary circuits. Great machines so far, no problems or bugs yet.

  13. #13strott2009-07-30 15:02

    Lynger, Your machines sound like the same spec as UK machines

  14. #14strangehand2009-12-18 07:41

    the kx185 spec is simliar with the UK kx080 but the kx185 without boom swing, two auxiliary circuits, lifting alarm, cab behind mirror!

  15. #15strangehand2009-12-18 07:58

    we seldom use boom swing and often have one bucket! So the kubota factory do some changes in 8 ton excavator! Maybe the number of 185 souds like bigger than 080! the kx185 has a strong force and the fuel comsumption is alse high