Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KX71-3 help for 1,000 hour service

RUSS1669 · 2024-11-14 03:53

Hi All, I carried out a 1,000 hour service on my KX71-3 at the weekend, but couldn't complete it. The final step was to replace the hydraulic pilot filter element, but I couldn't get to it. The manual shows it is in the engine compartment to the left above the exhaust silencer. There is a black steel cover that I cannot see how to remove. Has anybody done this before who could give me some guidance? I've attached a picture from the manual, and some pics of the engine bay and the offending black cover. any advice would be appreciated as I am new to hydraulics, and mini excavators. cheers, Russ

Replies2
  1. #1John V2024-11-17 19:35

    Can’t help you on specifics, but if you need help finding where hidden fasteners are looking at the parts book will help. If you don’t have it, colemanequip.com or Messicks.com let you peruse the parts diagrams and buy parts. Not sure what diagram those parts are in, but you’ll eventually find it. Parts for Kubota KX71-3 Cabin Mini-Excavators Looking for parts for Kubota KX71-3 Cabin Mini-Excavators? Coleman Equipment offers genuine OEM parts online or in store. See the parts diagram here. www.colemanequip.com

  2. #2RUSS16692025-03-25 06:13

    Hi John, thanks for the info. That's a really good site for the parts diagrams.