Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case Cx60c Excavator Real Life Experiences

Canuck Digger · 2024-11-13 23:35

Time is nearing to replace my existing 6 ton machine. Looking at reduced tail swing machines/long stick that will run an auger, flail mower, mulching head, hammer and a hoe pack. Pref. a wedge coupler as everything I have is set up for it. I have a couple of case skid steers, but never ran their excavators. Looking for some real life feedback on the above mentioned and/or other options in the 6ton class w/o proprietory lugging that would excel in running attachments. Thx.

Replies2
  1. #1MG842024-11-13 23:59

    I rented a cx57c (same machine but conv. tail swing) a couple years ago and it was awful. After running it 30min I took it back and got my money back. Machine was brand new, only had 100-200hrs on it, digging force was very poor, wouldn’t turn when tracking in high range, and it just had a general cheapness about the cab. They are made by Hyundai and are just not very good machines IMO. I’m a Case guy (have a Case dozer, backhoe and skid steer) so I wanted to try one before buying, sure glad I did, got crossed off the list quick. The larger machines 8 tons and up are made by Sumitomo and are very good. My first choice would be Takeuchi or Kubota in the 5-6 ton class, next would be Deere or Hitachi. Any of them can be fit with the coupler system of your choice.

  2. #2Canuck Digger2024-11-16 20:37

    Thanks.... appreciate the feedback. Yes, TK and JD are on top of the list. Yes, I understand anything can be fitted with a particular coupler, just trying to not spend the extra $$ Cheers.