Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KX71-3 Service Manual

walk6786 ยท 2013-01-24 14:20

Hello, I am looking for a service manual for my KX71-3. I have a Drive motor leaking gear oil and would like to try to fix it myself if possible.Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1equip guy2013-01-27 19:47

    Walk6786, I have the manual for that machine, do you want just the drive motor info, or do you need more. I will be back at the shop on Tuesday. I can grab it then if you still need the info. Let me know.

  2. #2walk67862013-01-28 08:16

    equip guy... Thanks for responding.. yes i still need that info please on drive motor. thanks!

  3. #3equip guy2013-01-30 06:09

    got tied up doing work away from shop yesterday. I will get today. sorry.

  4. #4walk67862013-01-30 07:44

    No problem Thanks

  5. #5RENTTHIS2013-01-30 14:11

    kx71-3 repair Kubota had an online parts breakdown now. I'm not certain they show this components internal parts but they can be ordered through a Kubota dealer. I own several and rebuild them occasionally. Very often, the drive breaks a splined axle shaft that is simple and inexpensive to replace. Since yours is leaking, you will probably have to replace the mechanical seal. This requires a special spanner tool to remove the seal. We made one. With good mechanical ability, you shouldn't find it really hard to do. The price of the parts might be an eye opener though. Here is Kubotas parts link. Good luck http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx

  6. #6equip guy2013-01-31 05:13

    walk PM me and I will make copies for you and send out. You can have them for reference. The section is lengthy, but has pics to walk you through. Too much to type on here. I will check back later.

  7. #7equip guy2013-01-31 05:29

    I show the seal that typicaly goes is Kubota # 66363-3956-0