Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KX71 Hydraulic Pressure

Danny Steel ยท 2010-10-11 13:42

Hey guys, I have a Kubota KX71, It feels to me that there should be more hydraulic pressure through out the whole system. This machine has just over 200 hrs on It, I bought It used. Is there a way to adjust the pressure? I can still trench deep with It, But It just needs that extra boost Thanks In Advance Danny

Replies7
  1. #1nobull12010-10-11 20:43

    You can adjust the relief pressure for individual actions, but there is only so much power available. I adjusted my bucket curl, arm and boom from 3500 to 3700 It made a difference but anymore and you are getting into potentially problem areas.....breaking things, overloading the hydraulics or flipping yourself over. If it was not only me using the machine I wouldn't bother.

  2. #2Danny Steel2010-10-12 09:09

    Thanks..... It feels like there Is lower pressure then the machine should be giving out........Maybe I should have someone check It out:beatsme It has a hard time cutting and turning going up a slight incline And It has a tough time to just sweep sideways

  3. #3strott2010-10-12 15:08

    Can you get near another of the same machine to compare yours against?? (Sweeping sideways isn't good for your machine anyway!!)

  4. #4Danny Steel2010-10-12 16:29

    No other machine like this around town. Its tough to sweep a 20lb rock sideways:beatsme

  5. #5nobull12010-10-12 22:38

    A 20lb rock is not very heavy, but sweeping is where you will appear to have the least power. They under-power it for a reason, so you don't break things.

  6. #6Danny Steel2010-10-13 08:19

    Thanks, I do understand about the sweeping.......But The whole pump seems to be lacking power....Could there be a screen that's plugged? I dont like taking gear to the dealer, because they charge tons, But I may have to get them to check the pressure

  7. #7strott2010-10-13 14:47

    If you have quite recently bought the machine from a dealer then maybe they will check the pressures for you free of charge as an act of goodwill - you might have to promise them any repair work that may be required though!!