Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kx91-2 mysterious swivel issue

minijunkie ยท 2015-03-16 11:58

My kx 91-2 swivel has been acting up. At cold startup the machine operates reasonably well, after it gets warmed up you can grab the bucket and spin the machine around in a circle with no one at the controls. Also, the house will drift around by itself when you are tramming the machine. I did check the swivel pressure, when cold, it seemed to be ok. Removed swivel motor and had it tested, according to the kubota dealer it was operational... I'm at a standstill... any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies4
  1. #1morke2016-09-20 03:55

    Hi, Having a similar issue. And as I am stripping down every thing to do with a loss of hydraulic power ( Kubota KX91-2 Hydraulics) I am also considering replacing the slew swivel brake. How did your issue work out?

  2. #2lantraxco2016-09-20 13:44

    I'm kinda thinking there is no actual swing brake on this little machine, only the hydraulic motor and holding valve. So, possible issues boil down to the motor having internal wear (pistons, valve plate, etc.) or there should be a valve spool centered by two springs, and two cartridge relief valves, any of which could be malfunctioning. Suggest taking it to a real hydraulic pump/motor repair company for diagnosis.

  3. #3morke2016-09-20 14:10

    Kubota KX91-2 Hydraulics Hi, Thanks for that. It will probably be the week end before I get back near it. I got the Workshop manual. However i covers a range of the KXnn machines. It's does not give a schematic for the actual KX91 swivel motor. And is a bit ambiguous when referring to different types of swivel motors used on the KX range. But I think you are right about the holding valve. Once I get the main hydraulics back working I'll go into the swivel brake a bit more. I am surprised about the lack of information online regarding Kubota hydraulics, and problems. Regards Morke

  4. #4lantraxco2016-09-20 15:04

    Indeed.... I tried to find an exploded view or parts diagram somewhere online and came up exactly zero.... Interesting they show a picture of the KX41-2 geroler motor with a note stating the larger machines have piston motors, lol. Thanks a lot!