Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New CAT 314E CR

pafarmer ยท 2015-03-16 06:48

Bought a new CAT 314E this past weekend with blade, hyd. Thumb, Tiltrotator, multiple buckets , fully loaded unit....delivery in a few weeks time. Anyone out there in HEF land have or run a 314E that could comment on it...We will be doing some rural stream reclaimation work for the local and State government on flood damaged stream banks. Adding barriers , stream improvement to state spec,'s etc etc.....

Replies7
  1. #1Beachbum02862015-03-16 20:09

    Great machines. Did you get rubber or steel tracks? The rubber really comes in handy when working on asphalt thats not getting replaced.

  2. #2pafarmer2015-03-16 20:19

    We went with the metal tracks. It's not going to see asphalt anytime in the near future. Although the one we saw had the rubber tracks and that looked like something I would consider down the road for sure.

  3. #3JGibson2015-03-16 20:21

    Engcon or rototilt tilt rotator?

  4. #4Fastdirt2015-03-16 21:17

    That is an incredible machine. The do it all excavator.... and with the blade umm umm. Such a great machine. I'd like to see how the tiltorator works for you. Let us know. If you ever do need rubber tracks down the road they range from $7500 to $9000 and worth every penny in my opinion.

  5. #5pafarmer2015-03-17 06:41

    Rototilt rotator is what I went with. I presently have the engcon on my 316 and wanted to test out the rotator....Our equipment is just getting ready to leave the yard after a long and cold winter nap... It's been a tough winter on multiple fronts, really looking forward to Spring this year.

  6. #62004F5502015-03-18 21:54

    we are looking at a new 314 as well, coupler, hyd thumb. if you don't mind me asking what was the approximate price on the machine? You can pm me if need be.

  7. #7Deliacorpny2015-03-26 23:13

    I just sold my 314clcr, was going to replace with either a 316 or 318! But after looking around I like the 314e! If you have a 316 why the 314 as we'll ? I'm almost positive you will like 314 better then 316! Just not crazy about the blind spots on new e series ! Let me know how you like it ! Good luck