Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KX91-3 pressure relief valve

M_Sweeney · 2022-10-06 10:30

I recently bought a kubota kx91-3. It is plumbed out to the stick for attachments. I bought an aftermarket thumb but do not know if I need a pressure relief valve or not. I called my local dealer and he didn’t seem to know what I was talking about. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2022-10-06 10:37

    Good day & welcome to HEF I suggest the port-pressure-shock relief and refill valve would be required if cylinder arm damage is to be avoided, if you need help come back with the questions. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Tags2022-10-06 18:30

    You probably at the very least need a relief valve placed in the “close” circuit side of the auxiliaries for the thumb. I have a Kubota KX71-3 and I bought the relief valve from Kubota, not cheap, right around $400.00. You need to have it so the cylinder for the thumb will go into relief if you overpower it with the bucket, otherwise you’ll end up with a banana for the thumb cylinder.