Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KX91-3 track bottom rollers

Tony_F ยท 2012-03-15 09:29

I came across an obscure reference in one of the Kubota manuals about checking and filling the lower track roller oil, but no mention of what type or how much. I assume just 90w gear oil will be fine? A few ounces in each one after removing the plug? To be honest, I thought they were sealed units, no maintenance required. Anyone ever try to rebuild one of these rollers? I have two bad ones I use as door stops now. They seem easy enough to take apart, remove the wire clip and press out the shaft? Parts are cheap enough, $40 for the seals and $12 for the bushings, two of each needed. Cheaper than the entire roller at 235. Thanks, Tony

Replies1
  1. #1diggyy2012-04-03 13:43

    we have hade biger ones rebuilt withe no luck but for the price i would try it