Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KYB valve bank.

TVA · 2020-10-15 15:42

Hi, everyone! This question will be tough one: Does anyone know where I can buy section for KYB main valve bank?! It is on the Cat 304CR, Cat wouldn’t even give me a lead time, only said that it have to be ordered to be manufactured. KYB North America just gave me regular BS about proprietary parts, which is most likely another BS because I found information on model, standard and custom option lists. But no part numbers break down.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2020-10-15 16:48

    What Part Number specifically are you looking for and what's the machine Serial Number..?

  2. #2TVA2020-10-15 16:56

    Part number is 222-2624, that’s for the whole arm/stick section assembly. I only need body and spool, don’t need actuator assemblies, port reliefs and check valve, but that’s how Cat sells those! Was hoping I can get only what I need and faster from KYB - but I guess I am an naive fool!

  3. #3Nige2020-10-15 17:29

    I doubt you will. It will be a proprietary Caterpillar design manufactured for them by KYB. I came across similar issues with Danfoss valves made specially for Cat. No way would Danfoss sell them. Back to your valve section. Do you have an account with AvSpare or 777parts.net..? It appears as though they have them. Also one shown on Machinery Trader but not sure if it's new or used. Doesn't say. https://www.machinerytrader.com/parts/550049869821/2222624-caterpillar

  4. #4TVA2020-10-15 17:46

    Thanks Nige! I’ll call Miami tomorrow! As when it comes to AVspare - in my experience they seldom have anything in stock, but they are good source of P/N information!