Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

L10 Cummins

jastone502 ยท 2024-11-28 10:09

just aquired this truck, runs great. Previous owner said people he got it from converted it to high flow. Issue is it wont get over 135-140 EVER! start up and idling it will barely get over 100. Replaced thermostat no change , fan/clutch working fine. It works (tested) but of course it never comes on. I am at a loss, how do i get this thing to heat up? Radiator has 2-1/2" upper and lower hoses and is a horizontal aluminum radiator. Thermostat housing is for single barrel type stat with 2" outlet to top rad hose and 1-3/4" cross connection hose. I know most complain ablout OVER heating, hell I want it to get hot LOL

Replies4
  1. #1Shimmy12024-11-28 12:47

    When you replaced thermostat, did you replace the lip seal down in the housing the stat runs against?

  2. #2DMiller2024-11-28 16:27

    My own first thought.

  3. #3funwithfuel2024-11-28 17:04

    Can you attach pics? It sounds like you have a bypass t-stat stuck open. Does this have a charged air cooler or an aftercooler?

  4. #4IceHole2024-11-28 17:14

    That is actual temp and not what a dash gauge is showing?