Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3306 rear seal installation.

workshoprat92 ยท 2024-11-27 19:37

Hey I am about ready to install the rear main seal and the front seal on a 3306 cat. Do you guys use any loctite, sealant or lube on the wear sleeve when its installed? I did buy the appropriate tools.

Replies3
  1. #1Simon C2024-11-27 22:03

    I clean the surface of crank with white cloth and breakleen, then put some loctite on the sleeve and section of crank the sleeve will stop on. Are you using the unitized one piece seal and sleeve or doing it in 2 pieces. Loctite needs to be very skinny layer as it will all get pushed backwards. It is only to seal scratches in the crank. If outer bore is scratched at all you will have to put a tiny film of silicone around the bore. Depends on condition of what you are working on. Be super clean and all should go well. Simon C

  2. #2workshoprat922024-11-28 02:50

    It is the one piece seal. Thats pretty much the procedure I was thinking of using. Im assuming green loctite?

  3. #3Simon C2024-11-28 12:55

    Yes green is good, its what I usually use. The loctite actually acts as a lubricant. Clean and skinny film is all you need. All excess will be pushed out.