Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

L60G ECU/cam signal

Innocent bystander ยท 2023-09-17 17:48

I have a Volvo L60G. I have 2 different new aftermarket ECUs, one is TRW like the original, both have been programmed for this machine at purchase. Both ecus will NOT read cam sensor, engine runs but don't sound right and has cam sensor code(SE2703-3)I am not familiar with devtool but is there any options pertaining to this that I might be able to change a perimeter to read cam sensor? Any ideas?? Thanks. FYI new Volvo ecu works fine. and happened with 2 different L90G machines.

Replies2
  1. #1Innocent bystander2023-09-20 12:14

    *Update* Ok here is what I have found so far. All Volvo machines using this E-ECU, Part number 60100011 (fits many loaders, excavators etc with common rail engine) Use Pin A45 and A46 for camshaft sensor input-this is + and - input from a a/c wave form sensor. If I look up aftermarket replacement ECU plugs for this ecm, it is missing #46 connector in the computer harness plug. As I am installing this ECU on a machine that uses both A45 and A46 pin of the ecu would explain why I am getting Fault 2703-3 no cam sensor input. The question is Why?? and what machine/application would not use both pins for cam sensor, seems their must be a application for it but I cant find it. I think this is just to much of a coincidence that connector missing plus ECU is not functioning on same pin that this does not belong to some application. Every machine in Prosis uses both pins. I have been contacting the supplier of the ECUs and connectors but so far have not been much technical help. Any ideas???

  2. #2cuttin edge2023-09-24 11:56

    We have had E F G and H series Volvo loaders. The G has given us the most grief. Sometimes it's just faster and cheaper to get the dealer to come. We are fortunate that our dealer has a couple of really smart techs. We had an issue with the grader, and our guy looked at it for 3 days, and the Volvo guy found it in 20 min.