Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

L70F turbo timer

rollerman ยท 2014-10-15 22:15

How do I program the computer in my Volvo L70F to give me some time for the turbo at shut down ? I notice "turbo timer" appears in the screen occasionally

Replies1
  1. #1Ben Witter2014-10-20 09:34

    I assume the message you are seeing is " Hot Turbo Shutdown". If so that means the engine was shutdown without allowing it to idle for 2 min.(the default time) to allow the turbo to cool down. Every time this happens it will show the message upon startup and will log the event in the ECU. There is an icon that will pop up along the bottom of the display after the 2 min. that will signal it is safe to shut down the engine. If you are talking about auto shutdown (an option), that is usually set at 5 min and can be changed by a dealer tech with a laptop. You will still have to key off after the engine has shut down though.