Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

L9000 door hinges

Welder Dave ยท 2026-05-30 01:00

I'm trying to loosen up stiff door hinges on a Ford L9000. I took the grease fittings out and of course they're plugged. I sprayed some penetrating oil and heated them which helped some. Hoping someone can confirm the grease fittings are 1/4"-28 thread? They're pretty small. Also should I try to get grease in them or use some other kind of lubricant?

Replies6
  1. #1Deere500a2026-05-30 10:10

    Past had luck I'd clean out tip of grease gun point up add a couple drops of Marvel or Pb oil fill tip reinstall on zerk & half pump wait a sec & get it start taking. No idea with zerk size

  2. #2cuttin edge2026-05-30 10:37

    Bowman used to have amazing products for that stuff. Chrysler has a good rust blaster no idea who makes it

  3. #3Welder Dave2026-05-31 01:52

    Does appear to be 1/4"-24 thread grease fittings. Was surprised NAPA didn't have them.

  4. #4Deere500a2026-05-31 10:12

    Did you check Dorman accessories in store they have zerks? Napa may not have there brand in stock

  5. #5Deere500a2026-05-31 16:47

    Dorman 852-701.

  6. #6Welder Dave2026-05-31 23:24

    They are a short thread 1/4"-24 fitting. I found a pack of 5 at a farm type store. Canadian Tire had a pack of 10 as well but I only need 4 at the most. Really surprised two NAPA's didn't have them.