Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

L9000 wiring

ilovetracks ยท 2024-12-06 21:10

Wiring is factory and hasn't been cobbled, haven't had any issues until now. Low air light and buzzer won't go off. To start truck the prove out relay has to be removed which drops the radio, fuel gauge and temp gauge not sure what else. There's a ground control wire leaving the second low air sensor by feet in cab, when I disconnect it the low air stuff works correct. So that wire is feeding a ground it's not supposed to have back to sensors overriding the sensors and telling dash there's low air. I've disconnected so many things and can't find it, disconnected all fuses to, it's not on power side, something is sending a ground backwards that's not supposed to have a ground I'm thinking. I've spend 5-6 days with manual and can't get far.

Replies4
  1. #1Truck Shop2024-12-06 22:19

    With that wire connection left disconnected and low air light/buzzer work, what effect does it have on the rest of dash controls/gauges?

  2. #2ilovetracks2024-12-10 22:04

    I'm not sure I notice any changes with it disconnected. But to start truck I have to remove prove out relay and when that's out radio, fuel gauge, and temp gauge is dropped off. Not sure if problems are related or not. I can usually repair my stuff but this one has got me

  3. #3funwithfuel2024-12-11 06:46

    I do remember the accessory relay up on the side of the dash support tucked up by the brake pedal being a nuisance. I also remember cab ground by right front cab mount would cause a sudden loss of hair and sanity when it would break or rust. Good luck

  4. #4ilovetracks2024-12-15 15:12

    Thanks for replying, I'm going to check those. Thanks!