I am well into this build and while looking at the parts book I see mention of water directors in the head. I already have this head on but do not remember seeing directors in the head. I also see mention online that the DI heads no longer require water directors. Is this correct and does anyone have any printed information on this? Attached is a picture of my head when i ground the valves. I dont think the machine shop would have removed them to surface the head. They might have done that when it got hot tanked. But i just done remember it having any even when i tore it apart. Am i just worried about nothing?
That was a pre-cup thing, IIRC.
So basically im worried about nothing lol!
You are correct. See attached.
Thanks so much for that information and confirmation. In an unrelated question why did they change the 8n4183 seals for the injectors from metal to nylon? I just dont know that I can trust the nylon ones. I dont see how theybare going to hold up to all that compression. What am i missing because the injector nozzle does not bottom out and seal against anything in the head. The only seal i see is on the head where the body and the pencil part meet. Other than the carbon damn there is nothing to stopp compression! Are they relying on the whole thing to carbon up and seal? Probably why you gotta use a slide hammer puller every darn time? Oh and would it be criminal to just clean up and reuse the old ones that are metal?