Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

L90E rear diff

Volvomad ยท 2015-07-12 19:22

My rear pinion lost a tooth. I have ordered a gear set from a Volvo parts spe******t , new crownwweel and pinion bearings from a bearing supplier and I was wondering is there any place to get stock shims for behind taper roller bearings . I am not looking forward to setting these gears up at all .

Replies2
  1. #1Volvomad2015-07-21 20:38

    Got my gears today . I put my diff with new bearings and old shims together . It is pre loaded too much so I must remove a shim tomorrow . Does any know the rolling torque for this or will I just go with my gut ?

  2. #2John C.2015-07-21 22:03

    It's probably best to go by the specs but I know many units got put together by hands that knew what good enough was.