Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lampsons yard in Kennewick, WA

JTL ยท 2010-03-07 17:36

I went and did a drive thru of Lampsons yard this morning and took some pics. Im not a cranne guy by any means, but thought you guys might like the pictures.

Replies13
  1. #1JTL2010-03-07 17:42

    I took about 50 pictures. Not all worth posting, but I'll put up the better ones.

  2. #2JTL2010-03-07 17:50

    This thing is super impressive! Never seen anything like it before.

  3. #3JTL2010-03-07 17:53

    I thought these were a little outta place around all the cranes.

  4. #4liebherr11602010-03-07 19:02

    Always a treat to see the Lampson blue... Even better to see the LTL's upright and not laying in a heap on the ground ..Don't get me wrong ..great lifting machines..but they are going the way of the dinosaur...But the shear enormity of these units makes a guy feel small Three dynamic compaction machines ..very nice ..hadn't seen many pictures of these ..would be a treat to run ..its not everyday an operator gets to haul 15ton up a 100ft and just let it loose ..on purpose .. Go ahead post them all ..paint the forum blue !!!:drinkup

  5. #5jhschul2872010-03-07 20:32

    Lampson did dynamic compaction for a project I was on in San Diego in'97 -'98 . I believe they compacted 11 acres of new waterfront for us. 30K hitting the ground sure makes a nice thump....

  6. #6qball2010-03-08 18:41

    it is strange seeing the newer hydro cranes in their yard.

  7. #7cranedude072010-03-08 23:15

    great pics, ive never seen a lampson hydro crane, ive always seen 4100s and a 4600 ringer, thanks for sharing

  8. #8minime2010-03-13 17:20

    Another Lampsons Blue in heap on the ground this time in Australia, http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0ca_1268219058

  9. #9Furthur2010-03-15 18:47

    how do you tell the dynamic cranes from a reg lattice boom? and are all those counterweights about 72k# each?...if so thats alotta ballast!

  10. #10Linkbelt HC2010-03-15 23:41

    Man, what a horrible day that must have been. We watched the video last week at work, I hope the operators made it out ok.

  11. #11580bruce2010-03-16 08:52

    Dont mix up a Lampson "Hydro" crane, for one that they us to launch "hydros"!

  12. #12euc-fan2010-04-10 00:12

    how do you slew with the giant stack of ballast on the seperate carriage?

  13. #13Dewoc192010-04-15 11:52

    the ballast is controlled by a 2nd operator that sits in a cab in the back, one operator controls the front and another controls the back