Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

posting pics of my work cranes and 1:50 scale models

laurent o.e.987 ยท 2010-03-09 02:57

A few crane pics

Replies19
  1. #1Linkbelt HC2010-03-09 18:11

    Welcome to the forum! Some great pictures, are these from the project in northern Manitoba?

  2. #2laurent o.e.9872010-03-09 19:49

    pics for link-belt Thank you link-belt HC,(cool handle). Yes the name of the project is Wuskwatim, it is owned by Manitoba Hydro. It is about 100 km south-east of Thompson. it is a 200mw dam. The last picture is me looking up at that my uncle Fatty's hough 100...The pic is from 1978...Had diesel in my veins even when I was five...Thirty-two years later and the hough is still ready to go...

  3. #3stock2010-03-10 05:25

    Excellent pictures there any more info on the project, estimated duration main contractor etc...

  4. #4laurent o.e.9872010-03-10 14:24

    wuskwatim power limited partnership The contractor is O.N.E., three companies, H.J. O'Connell- St. John's Newfoundland, Neilson Inc. Saint-Nicholas Quebec, and EBC Inc. L'Ancienne-Lorette Quebec. The project is supposed to cost Manitoba Hydro 289 million Canadian. With an estimated 2012-2013 completion date...

  5. #5cranedude072010-03-10 18:25

    great photos, love the shots from inside the cab

  6. #6liebherr11602010-03-10 20:05

    Where do I sign up ??

  7. #7jhschul2872010-03-10 20:11

    In your post #5, is that a TEREX/AMERICAN crawler set up in front of the office trailers?

  8. #8laurent o.e.9872010-03-11 12:29

    2008 HC165 Terex/American crawler crane Yes that is an HC165 Terex/American...We usually are on opposite sides of the dam so I don't get as many shots of him as I would like...I will go and take some better ones on the next wrap... Most of these shots we are putting up a tower crane in the powerhouse...I'm running a brand new Terex RT780 80t (us) ... We did tandem lifts for the front jib and the tail jib...He is about 75' above me so it was hard to get the whole crane in the shot...

  9. #9laurent o.e.9872010-03-11 13:31

    Pics for Brandon...(Cranedude07) I am totally impressed with the passion you show to the cranes bro...The work you are doing with the 1:50 die cast is second to none...The stop motions you do with your manitowocs are the best i've ever seen...I especially like the 16000+18000 mob-up vids...That's how it is done... I need to get some cable (fishing line) for my cranes...What do you use? Anyway bro gonna send you a few more from the cab shots....

  10. #10liebherr11602010-03-11 20:49

    Where do i sign up ??? I ask again ..

  11. #11laurent o.e.9872010-03-11 22:52

    Try calling Manitoba hall... 1-204-786-8658 ...Ask about Wuskwatim, and they will point you in the right direction...

  12. #12liebherr11602010-03-11 23:11

    Ce..senoir! ..love ya !

  13. #13jhschul2872010-03-12 00:41

    That's what I thought it was....I'm running a 2009 TEREX/AMERICAN HC230 on a couple year project in western washington....we have a 2001 HC210 coming in this week as well. Pretty smooth machines,quite comfy too.

  14. #14laurent o.e.9872010-03-12 03:06

    My buddy Doug likes his 165t...I was on a job where DLB Cranes out of B.C. had an HC210 workhorse...I'll try to find pics you send some of your crane...??? One pic of a Manitowoc 4100w(230)t and an American 7530(125)t...Good crane for hanging iron that 7530...Hydraulic swing was nice...Didn't rob power like the ones with the air swingers...

  15. #15cranedude072010-03-13 00:27

    great pics bro, that lampson 4100 looks nice, i have a few pics of one all disassembled, with 4600 ringer parts, glad you like my videos, thanks

  16. #16RANDY ROME2010-03-13 21:25

    nice crane

  17. #17Linkbelt HC2010-03-15 23:52

    Hey Laurent; Any chance you can post a photo of the operator station in the 4100? I am looking for a picture to explain the detents on the winch controls to contol the torque converter flow. The LS 118 at work doesn't have the VICON setup just a normal torque converter. Thanks in advance:notworthy

  18. #18Lashlander2010-03-17 01:05

    ...

  19. #19Linkbelt HC2010-03-17 19:21

    Awesome! :notworthy Thanks very much. I'd post a picture of my Link Belt dash, but it is nowhere near as nice and tidy as your "office".