Hello everyone, I’m newly registered here. I’ve found a lot of useful information on this site and now I have a question of my own . I recently acquired a commercial landa propane heated power washer. When I plug it in and turn the switches on the functions seem to turn on. The fellow I got it from never used the heating part of it. He picked it up from an industrial equipment repair shop and I believe they must have had it hooked up to a large pig tank. The factory propane tank holder is missing and underneath is just a 1” pipe nipple sticking out. My question is can I just run a new hose and regulator from a 20 or 30# tank and adapt it to the 1” pipe thread or is there anything else I’m missing ? I’m hoping someone else on here knows these things or has one and could attach a picture of the underside . Thanks in advance. Vince
I had one. It will freeze up a 30# tank in short order.
Did it work good atleast before it would freeze up ?
Great information thankyou
Could it have been originally hooked up to natural gas? I think you need different size orifices depending on if it's propane or natural gas. A hot plate or heat lamp can help prevent propane/regulator freezing.
It was deffinately on lpg. I bought a 1” regulator and a 2 stage regulated hose, installed it all and it works great. I wasn’t sure how well it would work only running 1500psi but it melts away old grease and dirt like it’s nothing. Another question, I can’t seem to find what temperature this thing actually runs at. I want to install a hose reel for the pressure hose. I found one on Amazon, it says max temp 176 Fahrenheit. Do you guys think it will blow it’s guts out ?
The hose should have pressure and temp. ratings. You can't have really high pressure when the temp. is close to steam but the heat cleans better than if you had higher pressure but cold water.