Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What ratio Pneumatic Oil Pump?

Hunter013 · 2025-09-24 23:31

I have 55-gallon drums of ATF, SAE 30, SAE 50 and 75W-90 that I want to put some pneumatic pumps on. What ratio pump should I run with them to get the fastest flow? I will probably have 12' hoses coming off of the pumps.

Replies4
  1. #1Coaldust2025-09-25 00:50

    Alemite Lincoln Graco Samson Do you have a preference? Probably 3:1 is your best bet.

  2. #2Hunter0132025-09-25 03:05

    Zero preference. Cross between cheapest and most reliable is always nice. Are there any notable differences between brands? Does anyone have experiences with low end pumps like Ironton?

  3. #3DDoug2025-09-25 07:20

    What is your air pressure & volume ? Usually 1:1 is fine for engine oil (just a double diaphragm pump), the 75w90 might need a higher ratio.

  4. #4Coaldust2025-09-25 23:09

    I haven’t tried any of the knockoffs. One thing I like about Lincoln is the availability of repair parts. But, Lincoln is pricing themselves out of the market.