We are thinking about buying a Landoll 435 to move our paving equipment and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or coments these trailers.
new or used? The older units with tube steel cross members had massive rust problems any where but the southern states. I have seen some from Chicago that were completely beyond salvaging after 10 years of service. I think they switched to I beam construction on their newer units so thats much less of a problem. IF you try and slide the axles before tilting the deck when loaded they will bend the hyd rams and cause you grief. I personally have taken a big liking to the XL specialized trailers and their rack and pinion slider. seems like a much more durable setup to the landoll.
Used, It's a 2006 53' long. Trailer was origanlly from Florida and as far as we can tell has no rust.
Check the slider rails and the hyd cylinders VERY CAREFULLY. If they ever tried to slide the axles before they tilted the deck fully loaded then theres a good possibility that the cylinders are bent. and thats BIG $$$. I would definitely take it through its paces before i paid for it and took it home. By all means don't try and run it off a pony motor a waste of time and gas, run it from the trucks wet kit.
When we looked at it the slider rails were straight and the cylinders looked good. Not that it maters but, the guy that owend it bought this trailer new. Along with a new Mack to pull it and the truck dosen't have but, 75,000mi on it.
If they price is right there a handy piece of kit