Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

landscape loader

Dominion 410 ยท 2009-02-15 16:56

Currently own a very tired 1995 Cas 570LXT with Gannon scraper/grading box. Thinking of updating,Deere 210J,Cat 414,or another Case 570.Any opinions on the Deere or Cat? Thanks in advance, Dominion

Replies7
  1. #1Deereman2009-02-15 17:33

    This is one of the few pieces of deere that you don't see any of here in the south or atleast i haven't. I've seen a few 570 but no experinece running but think it would be a nice little machine and run like a 310J would.(210LJ) I see more 110 and generally the owners like them. Sorry I can't give any advice. J

  2. #29420pullpan2009-02-15 20:06

    I'm a CAT man but I think that new 210J with cab an AC would be the way to go..

  3. #3Bob Horrell2009-02-16 21:41

    My primary business is finish grading. I use a skiploader and a skidsteer. I have tried 3 different skiploaders (Case, Newholland, & Deere). I can't help you on the Cat. I prefer the Deere and am on my second one. Sold the first one at 4K hours and have 5K on the second one. Both have had 4in1 buckets which I find extremely useful. I found the Case hydraulic controls to be too jumpy/jerky for fine finish grading, and the Newholland just seemed rough compared to the Deere. On my first Deere, I replaced the front tires, the battery, and one hose. On my second Deere, I have replaced the front tires, the battery, 2 hoses, and a hub seal. They are reliable, hard working machines with smooth controls.

  4. #4JCBgm2009-02-28 21:11

    For a smaller machine 2CX LLs are nice. 4ws for tight locations. Or a larger 92 hp 3c LL

  5. #5Clayton M2009-03-01 20:49

    Cat Definitely.

  6. #6Deere John2009-03-02 16:11

    Thank you for the helpful post - I'd understand completely if Dominion went out to buy two of them after reading your thorough recommendation ... :notworthy

  7. #7Dominion 4102009-03-07 16:46

    Like the look of the Deere,will see what develops.Sorry Deere John-one at a time in enough.pm me when you get a chance:drinkup