Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Landscape Rake On A Mini – X

Danny Steel ยท 2012-05-04 21:03

I have a 5 foot landscape rake 3ph sitting in the shed gathering dust, And my KX71 is looking at it real hard. Have you ever seen a landscape rake on a excavator? I'm thinking of rigging it up to scrape off hills and for clean up around the barn......any Ideas? Its great to be back here, I have been gone for a bit I know.:drinkup Danny

Replies6
  1. #1AirBornOne2012-05-05 03:16

    Great to hear your back Danny. Sounds like another interesting Steel project. I'll have to peek in more often. J

  2. #2GroundWorks2012-05-06 07:59

    Is this going to be rigged to the stick or are you planning on extending the blade out a few more feet and installing it there?

  3. #3Ropinghorns2012-05-06 08:28

    Are you talking about a harley rake[soil conditioner] hydrolic powered or the cheap tine drag type?

  4. #4Danny Steel2012-05-06 11:46

    to the stick cheap drag type

  5. #5Ropinghorns2012-05-06 16:35

    I like your idea of wanting to use the mini ex. for other attachments like a landscape rake. I would think the important thing to remember when mounting it is a ''float'' way of mounting ,so there is a constant down pressure on the tines. I think that would make a great addition to your mini ex. My new Kubota kx121-3 has the floating angle blade. I use it in the float position so much when I am back dragging. It looks so good that some people even think I am a good operator.

  6. #6Danny Steel2012-05-06 17:11

    Thats a good idea to make the rake float.......maybe a spring effect, and a way to adjust the tentsion.........wheres my torch!!! Would you happen to have a picture of your floating blade??