I just bought a TL 140. serial# 21402011. I have a few questions. First off the lap/safety bar is not doing it's job. The controls in cab are live all the time with bar up or down. I have checked the bar switch on the right side. I can unplug it and it does not change anything. When I ohm it out it is closed all the time with bar up or down. It is a enclosed switch and I am not sure how to check it. I think the wiring problem is somewhere else. I need a wiring diagram bad! Where can I locate one? How hard is it to tilt the a/c cab backwards after removing the bolts in the front? Can you do it by hand or will I need some sort of assistance?
It's not the lap bar. It's the safety relay. If you search there is a thread on here that shows you how to solder the relay. In the meantime, take a hammer and lightly tap on the panel in front of your feet. That's where the relays are behind. Tapping may get it going temporarily. Give me your email and I can send manual.
Here you go. Page 5 shows how to solder the relay. HeavyEquipmentForums
Cab raise is assisted by gas shocks. If shocks are still good, cab can be tilted with one person. Be sure to pin cab at rear once raised. In the thread referenced above, one individual shows the pilot lockout solenoid. I suspect that someone wired that solenoid to 12v, bypassing all the relays (the ones that the solder fails on).
You guys are great i found the problem. When i lowered my lap bar down with the (ignition switch on) it could hear the relay click in the bank by your feet. I then looked at the bypass wire near the battery. It was pluged in. I unpluged and the lap bar is doing it's job now. Thanks!
Ah my bad. I should have read your first post better. I thought machine didn't move. But good to hear you got it fixed.
Thanks skata. The manuals really helped and will help more in the future.