Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lap bar on a S185

Camberlink ยท 2010-02-11 15:50

I just purchased a used S185 and i am a big guy I was wondering if there was any adjustment to the lap bar to give me some more room and help the bar stay down. If so how do I adjust it??? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1mrfixitpaul2010-02-11 16:30

    There are no adjustments for the seatbar. There was a larger seatbat available for the older models that pivoted near the cab door but I don't know if there is for the newer models. Someone here on the forum may know or you could ask the dealer

  2. #2Camberlink2010-02-11 16:46

    I haven't taken a good look but does the front portion of the bar bolt on? and if so could a spacer be made?

  3. #3bobcatmechanic2010-02-11 21:29

    they make a big boy bar call your dealer and get a price on it i have heard of dont suggest it but guys cutting it near the pivot leave enough the springs and everything else is there and it will engage the seat bar sensor lettting you unlock it and run. very dangerours though someone could get killed or seriously injuured doing this