Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat s175, where is the “oil pressure sender connector”?

CAT D8 N ยท 2010-02-10 14:51

Hi I had a problem today with my S175, it keapt stalling after it gave a low oil engine preasure warning, it strated out by giving a 4-22 code error then 4-14 then it reached 4-15 as final cut off due to extreemly low oil engine preasure as it said. Its a 2007 and in grate condition and well kept. The issue I mentioned has come up only when I instaled an Auger on it and started to dig some holes if that has any thing to do with it. I got the service manual for the specific error code it had gave warning to and now am trying to go over it to get it fixed. My only problem is that it is my first B.C and have never unscrwed a single bolt off of it. The manual says check the "Oil pressure sender connector" where is that located?? Another question while were at it, Can I speed up the Auger rotation while boring? and should I set the Auxilary preasure at "Full preasure or Variable preassure Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1mrfixitpaul2010-02-10 17:17

    The oil pressure sensor should be located above the fuel filter

  2. #2CAT D8 N2010-02-12 22:48

    Thanks for the pointer. I opend it up and found it dampend by engine oil??? Dried it it a bit and sprayed some WD40 and left it to dry. The error dode went awat and I maneged to get it running for about half an hour and then it went back to the same problem. Obviusly the sender needs changing, but why the leak?? I managed to trick my BC by waiting tell I got the 4-22 error then disconected the sender wire and went to work like a charm....:notworthy

  3. #3CAT D8 N2010-02-12 22:51

    Any one out there knows how much a new oil preassure sender costs??

  4. #4CAT D8 N2010-02-21 11:29

    well I guess its a mistry... How could the oil sender get oil inside it?? The same goes with the other wire connections around engine??

  5. #5mrfixitpaul2010-02-21 14:22

    The connectors probably all have some di-electric grease in them from the factory. If a pressure sensor is failing it can let the pressure push whatever liquid through to the connection end. As for sensor price I guess you'll have to call the dealer.

  6. #6CAT D8 N2010-02-21 16:22

    Well thats rsonable.... our dealer here is a total ripoff an thought some one here might have it in stock :ban

  7. #7CAT D8 N2010-02-23 05:56

    Well just bought one and costed U$ 173..... wonder how much it would have costed from some place else??

  8. #8Bud L2022-11-21 21:30

    $ 33 US from an online google search