Hi all, I am moving to Boston in March of next year with wife and am wondering who the large Heavy Civil contractors are. I am looking for a position as a field superintendent and have worked for 15+ years in roadway construction. I will be trying to contact these companies for any Job openings. Thanks.
There are quite a few in the area, I will name a few off the top of my head. Look up Testa Corp, W.L. French Inc, James Flett Inc, JF White Inc, J. Derenzo Inc. I am sure there are others that just dont come to mind right now.
Aggregate industries, Brox, D&R, McCourt, Bond bros, PJ Keating are a few of the heavy highway contractors in the area
Other then what was mentioned, P.A. Landers, and G. Lopes inc. come to mind I mainly see them a little south of the city though.
Suffolk Construction, the Infamous P.J. Stella
there was two giants that went under from The Big Dig, Modern Continental and Roads 2000. It was a shame they went under, real giants in the construction field.
Rumor is that Middlesex is going to be buying P.A. Landers. Not many hiring out there right now. I have been/still am looking for a place myself.
05f150fx4 where did you hear that rumor? From a reliable source or not? Any idea on the price? I am just curious since I have been researching companies. That would be a large purchase no?
No idea on a price, but that has been the talk I have heard around the industry. (Rather not say who I work for at the moment)
Totally understand why you wouldn't feel comfortable saying who you work for. Interesting rumor. That would put middlesex back into the paving business.
Most recent rumor just heard about 15 mins ago is that T.L. Edwards is going to buy P.A. Landers plants and Middlesex is going to buy the equipment from Landers. Trying to confirm this.
Let me know if you confirm it and feel comfortable mentioning it. I am curious is all.
Hey I was just trying to find out about Landers and I heard this morning via town DPW people that TL Edwards is taking over hot top plant in Plymouth, concrete is closing, and Landers is probably downsizing to just Hanover operation.Of course this is by no means official dope, but sounds credible considering economy and the situation at Landers.