Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

large diamater hose leaking

NCPIPELINE ยท 2012-10-25 14:29

under cab on t190, there are 4 hoses on pump, the bottom of one is leaking. Anyone have a good idea on how to get a wrench on this bad boy?

Replies3
  1. #1Bobcatdan2012-10-25 20:15

    Curse. 1/2" crowfoot wrenches work nice. Is the actual hose leaking or the fittings? The fittings that thread into the pump itself like to loosen up and blow the oring. I think those are 45 degree angle fittings. Those and 90's like to loosen over time due to side torque applied to them. If it is a lower one, I wouldn't be surpise if you will have to take the top hose offf for access.

  2. #2willie592012-10-25 20:26

    Agreed, pretty much have to take one of the top hoses off to access the one below it. If I recall correctly, those fittings are #12 JIC on the hose and #12 o-ring boss fittings screwed into pump port.

  3. #3crewchief8882012-10-27 14:52

    it's easiest to disconnect the steering linkage, and move the other hose out of the way.. :drinkup