In New England a Cat 385 is a rare beast, the typical "big" machine being a Cat 345 or 350, Volvo 460, or Komatsu 400. Working the medium strip at exit 2 of I93 in NH was a Hatachi EX 1200. I came by a few hours later it was gone. How do you hide that size machine? Who is the prime contractor at this excavation? Anyone know?
If you happen to find out who that excavator belongs to, or where it is, please post it. I'd love to see one of those up close.
It must have taken up the whole median didnt it??? I would think to move that machine it would take longer than a few hours to break it down and load it. Would love to see some pics!
I know White con. has a 385 not sure about the 1200.
That's Exit #3 not exit 2 off I93, My mistake See Fact sheet.pdf at: http://www.rebuildingi93.com/content/maps/projectstatus/exit3sb/ I93 median is about 1/4 mile wide at that point, a huge quarry that is being rock mined for material for the I93 widening project. PS Middlesex Corp is the contractor, just the #3 exit ramp reconfiuration is a $25 M project.
actually the machine belongs to cairns excavating they are walking that thing all over between exit 2 & 3
Waling EX1200 Really, That can't be good for the UC. I was think of applying for an Engineering position @ Cairns. They must have some bucks to own a newish looking large machine like that and not be afraid to use it. I wonder how large is the bucket?
Moving dirt D.W. White can move some dirt, J. Derenzo could, they had 2 or 3 375s, a 750, and an 800. Then you have Testa with 8 or 9 1250s. There are some big earthmovers in Mass.
Could this be the machine? http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=122740
I think that must be it. That's awesome that you found pictures of it. Thanks JimBruce42. Now all I have to do is convince the bride to go for a ride to see the leaves changing color and coincidentally drive by the job.
That little girl is just north of exit 3 in the woods.She is not new, repaint but in good shape.Wish i knew how to post pics on this site would put some up..
Hey Glen, I'm sure that there is a post on how, but i'll give a quick crash course. First get the photos on your computer (that's gonna depend on your comptuer and camera, and stuff I don't get:bash) Now when you post a comment click on the "manage attachments" button. Another window should pop up, with spaces for either url or file attachments. You'll click the "Browse" button under attachments and find where ever you saved your photos on your computer... click the one(s) you want (up to five) and then click "upload". Most cases they will go through and show up on the reply window... then just click reply and you should be set.:drinkup
The company I work for LM Holdings have a 600 and 800 in our fleet. Gioso, I don't think I'm spelling it right, has a 375 also. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
You know that Continental Paving has got an EX-1100 and a EX-1200 shovels one is in Hudson Quarry and one in the Litchfield Quarry.
continental also had there 365 on 93 last year and thats cairns 1200 they have had it for ever i remember when i was a kid they had it in bow grappone in bow digging the fish run from the pond at honda to the river. t quip has a few 800s and 750s. and i know aggregate industries in raymond has a big something but couldnt tell you what it is
New England is not the Tar Sands I bet the guys up in Edmondton are chuckeling over a "large" EX1200.
yeah i got excited seeing the 385 on my job and my uncle just left a job in alberta and it was a small excuvator there. they had a pc 8000 loading i wish i load one truck with that . thats all i ask
New Extreme Vehicle TV Series Seeks Excavators New Extreme Vehicle TV Series wants to feature Excavators! We'd like to feature big, heavy excavators, particularly if they are used for demolition applications or available for such applications. This show will air on a major cable network. Interested individuals and corporations are encouraged to contact us directly: [email protected] thanks!
Aggregate has a Cat 990 in Raymond and Brox has got a 992 in Dracut..
we might be chuckling lol CatD8t was your uncle on the K2 mining site
Exit 3 in NH There is actually two separate contracts on I-93 at exit 3. Middelsex Corp, their project is the exit three construction which has 442,000 CY of ledge and 181,000 CY of common X. They have a brand new 365 CL and several 345CL , BL on the project. They also bought 6 new Cat 740 Rock Trucks and a new D8T. George R. Cairns and Sons, Inc. won the more recent project which is the construction of a new main line barrel between the existing NB and SB barrels. There is 417,000 CY of ledge on this phase and 355,000 CY of common X. The projects cost is 25.9 million dollars. Cairns has their Hitachi 1200, 1 Cat 345CL, 2 345BL, Cat 330DL with GPS, D9R with GPS, D8R with GPS, and I believe 5 Cat 773. There is a lot more nice iron on the project, to much to list. I heard through the grape vine the NH DOT has having difficulty because Cairns is running GPS on everything and the state has not been able to adapt as quickly.
They blew up lots of rock at that site
yes he was there till hey had that big melt last year and send alot of guys home
Yesterdays news said - one of them did a lot Of of blasting damage - damaged a fence and sign - hype, slow news day
Ok who ratted us out? Was it 05Cummins?