Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Largest Mechanical Wrecker

alskdjfhg ยท 2017-08-24 21:58

No idea if it's actually the largest, but that's what they claim. Sure looks like a beast.

Replies5
  1. #1Junkyard2017-08-24 22:14

    I'm not sure of it's capacity tonnage wise but Holmes built an 850 that was 40 tons and Logan in NJ had Weld Built create a 50 ton. It's a big sucker regardless! That's what my A-car looks like, or will anyway lol. Only difference is mine is a single 32,500 pound rear axle.

  2. #2Junkyard2017-08-24 22:16

    Here's Logan's 50 ton

  3. #3Truck Shop2017-08-24 22:39

    HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4Junkyard2017-08-24 22:48

    I knew that thing looked familiar. I'm too damn young for CRS!!

  5. #5Truck Shop2017-08-24 22:53

    Continental Towing in L.A. back in the late 50's and 60's built there own mechanical wreckers most with 50 ton deck and 60 ton boom winch. I operated one that Continental built some years back. When you heard the engine idle speed drop when winching you knew things were getting pretty tight. Truck Shop