just bought a 2005 komatsu pc220lc with hydraulic thumb and 2000 hours on it. Going to use it to clear trees out of ditches and dig them to drain farm ground on the missouri river bottom looking for some sort of laser level to attach to the machine to help me make up for lack of skill. Please any suggestions and any other inside info on komatsu pc220lc i would be glad to get any comments. Oh also traded my 1995 john deere 690lc on it.
For what you a going to be doing I don't think a lazer would be a must have on the excavator. It depends on how much you r going to be doing and how much money you are wanting to spend. Cause the lazer that go on the Hoe's last time i checked were $$$$. And if you r going to be working by yourself. Do you have a transit and grade rod?
laser leverler or slope guide r u from alburan ne? i know some people down thier. like two see some picks.
A magnetic base receiver is not automated machine control but its good enough for general grading and drainage. Scroll down on this page for the Futtura CR5 which is the one I use on the Hoe, Loader and Skid: http://www.lasertools.com.au/category190_1.htm#4426 Just a note: Its usually more economical to buy these as part of a laser kit (don't take any note of those prices they are Aussie. and the other thing is fit a lanyard for the magnetic base...they do come off. They do take some setting up and are not as accurate on an excavator because it relies on you putting the bucket on the same angle. But we like the labour saving.
If you're ditching on wet farm ground I would guess the amount of pitch is going to be minimal. A programable slope laser with a target on the machine will be a life saver. Even if you have help, checking grade in ditches takes forever and with a shallow slope you need to check a lot to avoid too much sitting water. I have a mounted mast on my machine. I haven't tried the new mag mounts, although I here they are nice. The first one I demoed years age leaped off the machine the first time I rattled the bucket.
The CR5 is a nice one. we have the CST/Lasermark version of it, looks excatly the same. We use it both on our dozer and the hoe. Its the poor mans version. Look on amazon I think I saw them down to around $275 now.
Is there anything that works on it's own as a dipper mount without needing a rotating Laser ? GPS maybe ?
Short answer No, but Yes ......The mag mount laser is the simplest and cheapest option. A machine mounted GPS "assisted" system still requires a site reference and orientation for location (full site control) but will do depth all on its own........and you are starting to talk some big biccies: http://www.trimble.com/gcs600exc.shtml The last tradies show I went to you were talking 10 to 12 Grand for a basic setup on a 20 tonne Ex.
Gulp .
thanks guys i just need something that one person can set up and operate easily. it doesnt have to be on the nats ass perfect just enough that a guy can find a low spot in a field and ditch it to drain without moving alot of extra dirt (wasted fuel and time) or creating an excessively low spot that drowns out all the time. And yes i am from the auburn area.
Wont to see some picks of that new hoe.