Friend of mine is selling one, seems to run good, hydros seem pretty strong, hydraulics are strong, not sure of hours. Has small kubota diesel, runs great. Machine is not mint and a little beat up. What are these worth? I have a JD 70 (read: antique) that I'm looking to upgrade. Any pros or cons of these?
1990 nh l555 I have a 1990 NH L555 with 3800 hours on the meter. I got it just for home / farm use. At first I was scared of so many hours. But then I found out it was retired from a golf-course. That is supposed to be relatively easy hours for a skid steer,... not like a cement machine! I looked for a long time (6 months) and drove a lot of machines trying to find one that wasn't beat and that I didn't have to take out a 2nd mortgage for. Most I looked at were at or over $10K and almost all had hydraulic issues, i.e. drive motors were not equal or lift cyclinders leaked by. Of all the machines I tested, this one had the best hydraulics. It is small, fast, easy to operate, easy to work on, parts are still readily available, and it has a low center of gravity, i.e. won't tip over easily. According to New Hollland, and several local dealers and users in my area, this "triple niickle" was one of the best machines new holland made in the day. It has a liquid cooled 42 horse kubota diesel. No leaks! It isn't pretty, and needs painted, but it is solid, and works flawslessly. I am very happy! The dealer I got if from put in a block heater, a new seat and new tires! I also got the smooth bucket, a tooth bar, and pallet forks. All delivered to the house for $6K