Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Latest Project

RustedHeroes ยท 2017-10-20 13:40

Good Morning Forum Members! Just thought I would share a picture of my latest project, its a 1990 Belarus (Kirovet) 7011. I acquired it from an older gentleman in Southern Alberta. Surprisingly good shape and low hours (Around 1800) Its been a real eye opening experience working on a machine that utilizes Soviet Technology, very impressive in some aspect and bewildering in others. Just some quick info on the tractor for anyone who is interested. Turbocharged V-8 Diesel (270HP) Semi-Powershift transmission (Really confusing to operate at first) 4 WD with automatically locking differentials (VERY COOL) Air actuated windshield wipers (On front and rear windows) 4 Wheel air brakes (Will put you through the windshield) I have been using the tractor to disc my small field, unfortunately I don't have any implements that are large enough to put this much tractor to use. The tractor is surprisingly very comfortable and quiet to operate with plenty of power and the main reason I acquired was to use it as a way to economically haul my 977L short distances (No registration or insurance required for an Ag tractor to haul equipment ) It does need quite a bit of maintenance work mainly to do with leaks and problems with the Air system, if anyone is interested please let me know and I will update with my progress! Also there are some pretty sweet videos on you tube of this type of tractor, check it out! russian kirovets A 700 tractor stuck in river - YouTube https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...=XqkKsB6NxTU&usg=AOvVaw04eDwvpqQWBuPCtnACZKas

Replies11
  1. #1Bumpsteer2017-10-20 23:13

    Neat tractor. I had no idea Belarus made tractors that big. Ed

  2. #2hvy 1ton2017-10-20 23:45

    The kirovet's are super neat. Can't help but think the engineers started out designing soviet tanks.

  3. #3RustedHeroes2017-10-25 11:49

    Thought I would post a picture of the engine, has some features that I find interesting. Fuel pump is mounted in the valley The turbo plumbing is very elegant with the turbo mounted at the center rear of the engine The engine is equipped with an oil centrifuge (Sounds cool when you shut the engine off! ha) Upper left of the second picture

  4. #4icestationzebra2017-11-28 15:31

    Saw one of these at a farm progress show around 1994. Using knobs to hold down the valve covers always scared me - shouldnt be a need to get in there that often! ISZ

  5. #5Waycon2018-01-19 16:11

    They pull! We used to have three of them. The really high sidwall on the tires makes a huge difference. Tires really squash out front to back compared to regular ag tires. Gives a huge footprint.

  6. #6Waycon2018-01-19 16:16

    I wasn't always in Penticton, obviously Originally a farm boy from SK...

  7. #7cuttin edge2018-01-21 19:02

    Never made it as far as Saskatchewan. Is it really as flat as they say?

  8. #8Waycon2018-01-21 20:15

    On a clear day you can see the curvature of the earth.

  9. #9Bumpsteer2018-01-21 23:41

    Looks like you could watch your dog run away for a week..... Ed

  10. #10RustedHeroes2018-04-27 16:46
  11. #11RustedHeroes2018-05-01 11:43

    I'm sure this is a long shot... But does anyone have an idea where I could get a Hydraulic pump for this tractor?? Updated part number is 71A-3