Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

leaking blade controls

pp13bnos ยท 2015-02-27 11:32

My d3 dozer has an annoying little drip I'd like to get taken care of. In the picture its the first bank. I was wondering if it's a pretty straight forward job, or am i going to be having the local hydraulic shop doing the work. I hate to have peices shooting across the shop. Im doing this on my phone and for some reason the pic is rotated. Thanks for the help.

Replies2
  1. #1D6c10K2015-02-27 12:59

    I'd look at the parts diagram to see how it made, but from what I see I wouldn't be afraid to do it. If you don't have the books you can look it up on Cat on-line parts site. Might be able to just pull the spool by removing the two round head screws.

  2. #2Nige2015-02-27 16:57

    Here's what it looks like inside. I also think that removing the 2 screws and the plate will let you get at the seals #9 & 10 in the diagram in order to replace them.