Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leaking Injector Line

cjohnsen ยท 2015-12-15 16:17

Ive got a John Deere 444c that's leaking fuel where the injector line goes into the injector. I just replaced all 6 injectors (they are pencil type and the injection pump is a standyne DB2). The leaky line started after I replaced the injectors. I moved some injectors around to see if the leaking fuel was because of the injector or the fuel line. When I swapped injectors the leak stayed with the fuel line. My question is, is there any way to fix this leak or is a new fuel line needed?

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042015-12-15 17:11

    Just replace the line, less than $40

  2. #2Spangles2015-12-15 17:18

    worn out oring or dirt/rust?

  3. #3cjohnsen2015-12-15 17:56

    The issue is the loader is an 86 but the engine was replaced in 98. Ive found other machines that use the current engine that is in the machine but theres different part numbers for the particular injector line depending on which model/serial number machine it was I can get the serial number off the engine is someone can point me in the correct direction

  4. #4Delmer2015-12-15 18:03

    If you're anywhere near a dealer, I'd take the line off and let them match it up. Bring the numbers off the engine/machine. I suppose if it's not cracked you could try lapping the seat on the line or something to that affect if you were desperate.

  5. #5willie592015-12-15 21:28

    I think those Stanadyne injectors have a cone seat, and they have to be dead nuts to make a proper seal. Whenever I'm connecting those type of injection line connections, once I get the line nut fitted and run it down finger tight, I put a wrench on the hex line nut and slowly tighten the nut while I'm gently tapping all around the injection line with a hammer, this helps the cone get seated in the injector nozzle from line misalignment. It's worth a shot and no loss if it doesn't do the trick.

  6. #6check2015-12-16 06:27

    We used to braze injector lines, seemed to work good in the short run at least.