Hello I need some on who can shead some light on getting a oil pan that goes on a 453 Detroit that fits a Dynahoe 490 I have seen other 453 oil pans but mine has the Sump in the rear and its a deep dish, could some one out that plz give me a part number or some kind knowledge on where and what kind of oil pan I could use, Plz I need this as soon as possible ty
And No one in here seems to Know?? any advice, SomeOne??
Check around and find a local detroit dealer , I managed to get a used one in pretty decent shape for my dynahoe (353) from a local dealer in Tacoma,wa courtwright diesel for 75 bucks.
Mr Darryl You would need the tag on the side of the valve Cover to get the option code for the pan. I have personally rebuilt over 50 of these motors and just a little heads up, if the oil pick-up tube was removed or bumped when pan was off , you have to rotate crank and check that the rod closest to the pickup pipe doesnt actually touch the pipe. I've seen it numerous times. The pipe can be adjusted away from the connecting rod cap for clearance. The pan was probably used in some form of logging equipment. Let me know if you have any questions that I might have encountered. Simon
Hey Mr_Darryl, don't know how I missed your first post but try this place Leid Diesel Service M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm 267 Green Hill Rd, Newville, PA 17241 (717) 776-7725 I myself will be calling them Monday for the first time, I need some injectors. But from what I have seen on the innerweb their pretty good. They do a lot of Detroit engines. Just wondering what happened to the old pan and can't it be fixed?
Hey thanks for the heads up Simon I will be sure and do that , when I got the backhoe the motor was locked up and I could not turn it in order to get the flex plate bolts off the converter, so I took the oil pan off and removed the rods just to find out it was full of water and oil and had a spun baring not to mention a bent rod, so in order to get the engine turning I took the rods caps loose to to knock out the sleves and pistons , I had forgot about the oil pan and bent it up pretty bad taking it out, I have got it at a machine shop now hoping that they can fix it , and ty Blue boy for the info, I don't have no serial numbers what so ever on the pan, only on the block, I bought another motor, didn't want to sink a lot of money in this one knowing it may have froze and busted, like the blower was the other pan had the sump in front , looked for a casting number on the pan and could not find that eather lol so maching shope is my only choice now , I also would like to replace the flex plate on the toqu has anybody got any idea on what I should look for, it has the 2 speed trans in it just no id number ,
The serial number you need is on the valve cover. You need it to buy the correct parts, inside and out.
no number on the cover, been took off
Best bet I could offer would be to join the Yahoo Detroit Diesel Group. Many people there with varied experience in all things Detroit. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/DetroitDiesel/info
ty I have already joined it to lol not much help on the oil pan, I have mine at the local machine shop getting it fixed ,