Some vids for you. Jason [video]http://youtu.be/dP2N8bXQMe8[/video]
Hi, Nice way to deal with boulders etc... What is the product you are using? Dominion
Hi Dominion. Im using a process of deflagration. I just drill a small hole, drop in what amounts to a blank round, (think of a ramset round), move to a safe distance and set it off pnumatically. Jason
Hey Jason can you define 'ledge' in the context of what you do? I only know it as a narrow shelf on a cliff and I can't imagine there are a lot of them that need blasting....
Hi Carl. Here in Maine ledged is usually defined as bedrock, but can also mean any large buried boulder. There are a variety of situations that people hire me for. Heres a few. Boulder sticking out in the lawn and person is tired of mowing around it. Digging out for the septic tank and they hit ledge. Boulder/ledge tips sticking out in driveway. Digging out for basement and they hit ledge. Thanks. Jason
Has anyone tried this expanding grout stuff? Dexpan: http://www.dexpan.com/index.aspx Bustar: http://demolitiontechnologies.com/
The expanding grout works, but you need to drill large holes to pour it into. Jason
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaineLedgeandStone?feature=mhee More vids uploaded!
Ive used this expansion grout on bedrock 70' down in Queens NYC at the East side Access. Depending on the conditions it can both ways. For it to work U need about 1and7/8" holes. U want to make sure the holes are clean and dry. Some spots we used the stuff were low spots, and there was a ton of groundwater. These areas didnt break well. Which brings up my next point, U want to have an open face or edge to have for a relief point for the rock to break. one thing the stuff will definitely work good on is boulders. But just make sure U dont drill the holes all the way thru, or u will have to stuff the bottoms with paper so the chemical dosnt leak out.
Hey all! New vids posted! http://www.youtube.com/user/MaineLedgeandStone Jason
Looks good ! What are u drilling with hammer drill? I will keep you in mind if I need a boulder split. doug
Hi Doug. I use bosch and makita hammer drills. Check your inbox, I sent you my contact info. Jason
A few more vids uploaded. http://www.youtube.com/user/MaineLedgeandStone
Jason , just gave your name to man from Auburn for rock splitting in his cellar. doug
Thank you Doug! Jason