Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leeboy Grader

Graderfan1981 ยท 2015-08-26 17:31

I haven't find a topic about Leeboy grader. I know types like 635, 685 and 785. Now I was on their homepage and find only one type, the 685C: http://www.leeboy.com/leeboy/products/motor-graders It seems they had reduce their types of only one.

Replies14
  1. #1cuttin edge2015-09-05 22:16

    I think Champion compact graders are building them for Leeboy

  2. #2Fatgraderman2015-09-06 01:21

    I think you're right. Aren't they the Champion built 80/86? I thought that Bryan Abernathy posted something about that a couple years ago.

  3. #3Graderfan19812015-09-06 04:37

    Another part from Leeboy, "Leeboy India Construction" exist too, i have read that they introduce bigger graders, 785xl and 985: http://www.equipmentindia.com/News.aspx?nId=eW5tu87WvJiG8Xufn/p4Kw==

  4. #4Fatgraderman2015-09-06 21:19

    Numbers wise, those ones look comparable to 710 and 720 Champions, and I guess 120g's and 12g Cats.

  5. #5Graderfan19812015-09-07 04:46

    I have find a video from the 985: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjvptnbWF6U

  6. #6Graderfan19812016-06-24 16:48

    There is a new Leeboy grader type - 695 : http://www.leeboy.com/sf-docs/leeboyliterature/695-grader.pdf?sfvrsn=2 I don't know why the last video from the 985 was blocked with stars???? Ok, then the other way, go to youtube and search Leeboy 985

  7. #7Fatgraderman2016-06-24 18:47

    That looks like a Champion 85. I wonder if Champion is building them for LeeBoy or if LeeBoy has swallowed up Champion?

  8. #8mowingman2016-06-24 21:28

    I don't think the company that built the small Champion graders is in business anymore. Their website no longer works. Maybe Leeboy bought them out?

  9. #9Graderfan19812016-06-28 17:53

    I am wondering too what happenened to Champion because the website is not online. Their Facebook-site is till active: https://www.facebook.com/Champion-Motor-Graders-146510765390897/?fref=ts

  10. #10Graderfan19812016-07-30 17:34

    I have find picture from a brochure from the biggest type - 985: http://www.sotudis.com.tn/leeboy/

  11. #11clintm2016-07-30 20:29

    they sold that grader to lee boy and are not building any thing at the moment.

  12. #12Graderfan19812016-08-03 14:28

    That is sad news... Champion has built so many years graders, I hope they go on by Leeboy long long time.

  13. #13cuttin edge2016-08-04 19:33

    Champion compact graders were champion in name only. The closest thing you would find to an actual champion was the Volvo. Now they are done as well. Not sure if their Chinese replacement uses the champion drawbar, circle, and mold board or not.

  14. #14Motor Grader2017-05-28 07:29

    Hey guys...I've been gone for a while. Figured its time I get back on here. Been through hell and back but thats another story for another day. I ran across this thread and thought I'd start letting people know what happened to Champion Compact Motor Graders. We did sell the C80 and C86 design to LeeBoy. They rebranded it the LBP G-700. At ConExpo I noticed they had it branded LeeBoy 695. Honestly I have no idea what they are doing! I think the LeeBoy 685 is still in production though. We (Champion) did have an agreement with LeeBoy to keep producing the grader for them. It was going pretty good but we had the rug pulled out from under us and they brought in house to build. That pretty much crushed us. I saw comments about the website...yes due to $$$ I couldn't afford to pay my marketing agency to keep it going. My Dad still builds parts (the best he can). He is a one man show now. 30 employees down to 1. Sad story. I even had to leave and find another job. Thats kinda it in a nut shell. If you or anybody you know needs parts please contact [email protected]