Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

left idler roller

robneese ยท 2015-08-30 16:28

I have a Case 450Ct Skid Steer Loader and the left front idler roller is bad . Does anyone know info and how to replace this myself?

Replies8
  1. #1JNB2015-08-30 16:50

    I have a TR320 which uses the same idler. It's an easy swap. Collapse the adjuster and use Willie59's pipe trick HeavyEquipmentForums to remove the track from the front idler. You can pull the track out enough to remove the idler and slider without taking the track all the way off. Two hex head cap screws are all that hold the idler to the slider. On both of mine the inside hex heads were rusted out, so I drilled the heads off and bought new ones. I purchased my idlers from Prowler, but Rubbertrax has them too. I figured if the OEM bearing went out before 900 hrs. why spend the extra money for it again? And welcome to HEF!

  2. #2JNB2015-08-30 16:57

    Here's a pic of the assembly after you slide it out. The rounded out hex cap. Willie's pipe trick. Pieces of wood work in a pinch.

  3. #3robneese2015-08-30 22:08

    Left front idler roller worn out Thank you so much for this valuable info

  4. #4robneese2015-08-30 22:12

    What would be the cost of this part and is it in two pieces or one unit? Where would be the best place to get this part?We have a dealer in the city nearby but don't want to trade with them.

  5. #5JNB2015-08-31 07:20

    It will come as just the idler/bearing assembly and should be around $330. Give Eric a call at Rubbertrax (770)760-1227 and tell him you were referred from the guys here on the heavy equipment forums. Eric gave me a great deal on tracks and rear idlers just a few weeks ago. You should get your part in three days. Alternatively, you can order from Prowler http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-420CT-440CT-445CT-and-450CT-Front-Idler-Compact-Track-Loader-/261275964638 . Shipping will also be three days.

  6. #6robneese2015-08-31 11:44

    Where can I purchase the bolts?

  7. #7JNB2015-08-31 18:53

    Any good hardware store or tractor supply / home depot will have the metric bolts. The OEM bolts are in between lengths you'll find at the store, but there's enough thread in there for the slightly longer than stock ones. I put a little blue threadlocker on them too.

  8. #8robneese2015-08-31 19:34

    Ok, thanks o