Today I am taking delivery of a 1979 941B. The original tag on the machine says 941B however the serial number is 70H 5540. When I look up the serial numbers on ironrecord.com the 941B models are start with 80H. When I look up 70H it is for standard 941 only... So what did I just buy?? I sure hope it is a B because the weight difference alone looks to be 9000 lb.
The 70H S/N prefix includes both 941 & 941B. The division of the models are as follows: - 70H1-2237 - 941 70H2942-4263 - 941B 70H4264-Up - 941 I have no idea why this should be the case, usually up to a certain S/N is one model and anything after that is the later model. It appears as though there were a group of 941B machines manufactured in the middle of a series of 941s. Maybe one of our resident experts on older machines can advise you but on the face of it you're bought a 941 originally manufactured on 8th June 1979.
Well 465, it looks like you have bought a French built 941B it might be worth looking at the R.B. Auction site to get your head around the Serial No thing, the 941 and the 941 B are very much the same thing just with the water pump in a different position,sealed loader frame, (Don't get to exited the bushings are narrower) the bucket return was revised and the 3304 engine that replaced the 330C was reportedly to have 10 horse's more, the change in gearing made this hard to find, a few snaps of the shovel might help some. tctractors
There is something strange about published weight on the 941B's. I see 19,700 lbs on the 70H and 24,900 lbs on the 80H when in fact I see 19,700 lbs listed in my 80H1-3039 parts book. I think there is a published error in the weight.
Something is strange. The sometimes right s/n source I use doesn't show any gaps in s/n numbers??? Also shows 70H2942-up to be "B" series 3304 48V.
Bucket
Can anyone help answer why I have a 70H for a 941B??
70H is a French-built 941 or 941B, as opposed to the 80H-prefix US-built machine. Some 70H were 941, others were 941B. See my post #2 above.
Stroker, did you bother to read the answers that have been put up in good detail as to the 70H series shovel? or is there still something that you need help with??? tctractors
Yes I'm good. I was just trying to find more info on French units that are not documented as well.